How to Heal a Black Eye Faster?
Black eye occurs due to a blow to the eye or due to an illness or trauma. It is called black eye as there seems to be blackening around the eye. One can heal a black eye faster by using simple techniques at home. This helps to effectively heal the black eye more quickly. In this article, there is a brief discussion on the faster healing of black eye. Let us examine them:
Steps to heal black eye faster
- Once you get hit on your eye, the first step is to identify whether you notice any signs of black eye or swelling around the eye.
- If you notice swelling, then use a cold compress on the eye and include more amount of vitamin C in your diet because this vitamin aids in healing all the cells in the human body.
- Never place ice or ice pack directly on the eye, instead wrap it in a towel or handkerchief to protect the eyelid as the eye skin is very sensitive compared to other parts and direct application can cause burning sensation or cutting.
- The bruising or swelling comes from the blood. When you get hit on your eye, it generally starts as swelling which moves down and raises the blood to the surface, which creates a black eye.
- Thus, the best way to calm and to heal this effect is by clotting the blood constricts atoms and then to slow the movement of the blood.
- So, place a cold compress against your eye by holding it firmly for about 10 minutes and then leave for five minutes. Repeat the above process for about 30 minutes.
- Do this procedure for about 1 to 2 days or possibly for 3 days depending upon the swelling of your eye condition.
- Later, once the swelling subsides, after using cold compress for 2 to 3 days, place warm compress.
- Dip a fresh clean cloth in hot water, squeeze it out and place it on the black eye. This helps to remove the blood clots and enables easy blood flow.
- This also helps to heal the bruising and blackening of the eye.
- This process helps to heal the black eye within 5 to 7 days.
The process of cold compress and warm compress is the fastest way to heal a black eye. So, repeat this procedure until the swelling and the black eye heals. In addition, include lots of vitamin C in your diet. These simple techniques help the black eye to heal more quickly.