Do You Want to Treat Your Chalazion Cyst at Home?
Eye chalazion cyst is a small lump which is formed on the eyelid. This is caused due to the obstruction of oil glands present in the upper or lower eyelid. This lump can increase in size and might become red and painful. This causes a lot of irritation and discomfort to the person suffering from it.
But, surprisingly there are many solutions to treat this chalazion cyst, sitting comfortably at your home. This article highlights the safety methods which can be done at your home.
Safe and Curing Methods for Curing Eye Chalazion Cyst
- Do not touch or rub your eyes. Use warm and wet compress to heal the cyst faster. Warm compress is made using a sterile cotton swab or washed piece of cloth. Use only boiled or purified water for wetting the compress pad. Then, place the pad on the eyes for 5 to 6 times every day. Wash the hands properly before you start doing this, as your hands can become a source of infection.
- Place the compress pad till they are warm. Once they cool down you can remove them. Use of saline solution gives faster relief than the use of tap water. For faster healing, you can use normal saline solution in place of tap water.
- Do not wear eye make up or contact lens until the cyst gets healed.
- Warm guava leaves, put them on a warm cloth and make a compress pad. Then use this pad for reducing the swelling, pain and redness. You just have to place this pad on your eyes and relax.
- Allow the cyst to burst naturally. Do not try to squeeze them using your hands.
- If a chalazion is lasting for longer period of time and causing trouble to the eyes, then surgery would be needed to remove it.
- Boil leaves of acacia in two cups of water and prepare a decoction. Then use this decoction as a compress pad for the eyelids. It reduces redness, pain and swelling. Over the period of use, this method removes chalazion slowly.
In case, these home treatments are not being beneficial to you, don’t wait further and see your doctor immediately.