Love Doing Eye Makeup -Just be Little Careful
Eyes are the most fragile and sensitive part of our body. We use many different cosmetics and creams to make them the most attractive feature of our body. But, sometimes these cosmetics that intend to beautify our assets end up posing a threat to the safety of our eyes. We should be very careful while doing eye makeup and make sure that we are following precautionary measures before and while doing eye makeup.
What are the safety tips to protect our eyes from this threat?
Here are few tips that would help you take care of your eyes and beautify them safely.
- Avoid direct contact of the cosmetic and the eyes. While applying the eye-liner make sure it is outside the lash line so that it doesn’t get inside the eyes.
- Replace all your cosmetics every 6 months. If you are a contact lens wearer then you would have to get rid of all your favorite make-up kits much earlier. This would prevent your eyes from unwanted contamination.
- If you have a good applicator that you have been using proficiently since a long time, do not use it when you get yourself a brand new make-up kit. It may transfer the old bacteria into the new kit leading to cross contamination.
- If you have had conjunctivitis, then throw your used eye make-up kit and get a fresh one. Most importantly, you should avoid any eye makeup if you are suffering from conjunctivitis. If your other family members fall to use your makeup kit by chance, the disease will take no time to transfer.
- Apply your eye-shadows and other eye make up carefully. Avoid using the powdery base of eye shadows as they can fall inside your eyes. Since, these powdery eye shadows are made up of certain mineral sand base; they can scrub the eye cornea causing serious threat to the eyes and vision.
- Do not apply your eye make while traveling in a car or bus. You might accidentally poke the applicator right into your eye. This is a major threat for girls who are more obsessed with makeup. Sudden break or speed breakers can cause great trouble if you use applicators while the bus is running.
- Never wipe your make-up with your saliva. Do not even try to wet your old dried make-up using your saliva. The bacteria in your saliva may wreak havoc in your eye. You should always use eye makeup removing cream which is soft and harmless to your eyes. Your makeup will be removed easily without messing the eyes and the skin around.
- Do not use a sharp instrument to apply anything on your eyes. Any minor mishandling while applying the makeup can land you in big trouble.
- Make sure your eye lash curlers are of a good quality with nice soft rubber inside. Hard curlers can be a major risk again.
- Do not share your cosmetics or your eye make-up applicators with anyone unless you wish to share bacteria and infection with her. Cross contamination from applicators is the major source of eye infections.
- When you visit a cosmetics counter at the departmental store, make sure the person uses a fresh applicator to demonstrate it over you. Do not let him use the applicator that he must have used on hundreds people before you.
If you find some problem with your eyes after using a particular product, see the doctor immediately. Please don’t neglect the fact that even a small mistake or carelessness can cost you your vision.