Which are the Best Supplements for Eye Health?
We all know that the best and the most attractive feature of our face are the eyes. But, what happens to plants without water is what happens to eyes without nutritional supplements. Nutrition for your entire body is a little different than the nutrition required as supplements for eye health. The way our body needs nutrition for growth, our eyes need nutrition for healthy vision. Eating right supplements for eye health is very beneficial and can give strong vision to your eyes.
Which are the best supplements for eye health?
- Eggs contain a high amount of Leutein which helps strengthen our vision.
- Spinach is rich in iron and hence is a very good food for our eyes.
- Vitamin C and Vitamin E are very important vitamins which act as antioxidants and they are also found in our eyes in high concentrations. So, eat citrus fruits as well as all fresh fruits and veggies which contain Vitamin C. The highest vote goes to spinach.
- Broccoli, sweet potatoes, avocado and chick peas contain high amounts of vitamin E. It is also found in Soybean oil, corn oil, Canola oil and cashews.
- Most important among these is vitamin-A, whose deficiency in children leads to dryness of the eyes, ulceration of the cornea, and in extreme cases night blindness. Hence, foods that contain vitamin-A, when taken in adequate quantity and on a daily basis, can prevent this deficiency.
- Common sources of vitamin-A are Cod-liver oil, Halibut-liver oil, milk, eggs, butter and cheese. It is also found in carrot, mango, papaya, cabbage, spinach etc.
Studies also suggest that taking supplements containing the above nutrients and carotenoids positively correlate with a lower incidence of these eye diseases.
So, consume nutritional and healthy supplements for eye health and give your eyes a spectacle-less vision!!!!