Everyone knows the importance of fitness and daily exercises. But do you know that even your beautiful eyes require exercise to reduce the eye strain and sustain your eyesight.
Here are few simple eye exercises that help you maintain your vision as well as maintain beauty of your eyes.
Eye Exercises for Vision Improvement
- Comfortably sit on your chair, warm your hands by rubbing them together. Now, cover your eyes calmly with your cupped palms in such a way that your nose is uncovered. Remember – do not pressurize your eyeballs. Also, ensure that no light enters your eyes. Focus on the deep blackness and breathe slowly and deeply. Think about some of your happy moments while doing the palming exercise. You can do this palming exercise for 3-4 minutes whenever you feel that your eyes are stressed.
- For 3-5 seconds tightly close your eyes; then open your eyes for 3-5 seconds. You can repeat this exercise for at least 7-8 times several times a day.
- You can massage your closed eyes with finger tips in a circular movement for 2-3 minutes. Ensure that you don’t apply to much of pressure otherwise your eyes would hurt.
- On your upper eyelids press three fingers of your hand and keep them in this position for 1-2 seconds then release the eyelids. You can repeat this exercise 5 times a day.
- Sit relaxingly and then clockwise roll your eyes following with the anti-clockwise movement. Do not forget to blink in between the rolling. You can repeat at least 5 times a day.
- At your arm’s length in front of you hold a pencil. Slowly move your arm towards your nose. With your eyes follow the pencil until you can keep the pencil in focus. Repeat this exercise 10 times.
- Look at the opposite wall in front of you and imagine that with the help of your eyes you are writing on the wall. Initially it may seem to be a difficult exercise but with little practice you may enjoy the exercise. The bigger the letter you will form it would be more beneficial.
- Think that you are in front of a very big clock, look in the center of the clock. Then without moving your head look at any hour mark. Look back again at the center and then at other hour mark. Repeat this exercise at least 12 times. Even with your eyes closed you can do this exercise.
- For several seconds stare at a distant object around 50 m or 150 feet away and then slowly refocus your stare on a close by object around 10 m or 30 feet away in the same direction. Do this exercise for 5 times.
Above exercises do not help you in improving your eyesight but definitely helps you in maintaining your present eyesight levels and prevents further sight destruction.
Eye Exercise Tips
- For better results it is important for you to do the eye exercises regularly. Daily eye movement for 40-60 seconds every hour is also highly beneficial. From the first day of these exercises you would notice that your eyes aren’t tired as usual.
- To relieve yourself from eyestrain take some time to stare at something other than your monitor.
It is better that before following the above exercises, consult your eye doctor. While doing the eye exercise ensure that nobody is in front of you or the persons around you are informed that you are doing the exercise otherwise they might think that you’ve gone nuts.
Researches have shown that these exercises are highly beneficial for exotropia- naturally the eye is turned out or esotropia- naturally eye is turned in. While performing these exercises avoid using contact lenses as it may be uncomfortable. Lastly, do not pressurize your eyes.