Lasik eye surgery is gaining popularity among people struggling with eyesight problem. Lasik surgery provides people an option to get rid of their contact lenses and glasses. Lasik eye surgery gives complete sight correction for people who have lived with glasses or contacts for long.
Aftercare Tips for Lasik Eye Surgery Patients
Lasik Eye Surgery is not at all a long procedure; it takes about only 10-15 minutes/eye. Here are some very important aftercare tips you need to follow:
- The most important point for you is to take your prescribed medications.
- Follow the instructions given to you by your doctor.
- Take complete rest for suitable time as prescribed by your ophthalmologist before starting your normal activities.
- Wear eye protection gear before going out either during the day time or night time. This would protect your freshly operated eyes from scraping or bumping.
- To keep yourself hydrated, drink lots of water.
- Try and avoid rubbing your eyes under any situation.
- During the initial period of post surgery, completely refrain from driving.
- It is advisable for you to refrain from swimming soaking in and hot tubs.
- Keep yourself away from exhausting physical activities, especially those which might cause eye injury.
- Its better not to exercise for at least one week after the surgery.
- Avoid going to dusty and smoky areas.
- Do not use eye make-up for a few days after surgery.
In the majority of cases, lasik eye surgery healing time is relatively fast. But if you follow the above aftercare tips, it will speed up your healing time even more. Completely follow your doctor’s instructions; this would heal your eyes without any complications.