Lasik eye rectification surgery is rapidly turning out to be a well-liked preference for individuals who have to depend on glasses or contacts daily. A large number of people can undergo Lasik vision rectification surgery, but there are certain individuals who must not. There are many things that should be taken into account by individuals desirous of seeking Lasik vision rectification surgery.
Everyone desirous of undergoing Lasik surgery should be above eighteen years and should possess a prescription for two years in the minimum. Those who are yet to reach eighteen can experience a number of alterations in the eye, which can have an effect on the result of the Lasik process. In addition candidates should possess a stable eyeglass or prescription for contact lens for no less than two years before surgery. This guarantees that the eye is not continuously altering, which could also adversely impact the result.
Lasik Eye Surgery Criteria for Prospective Patients
- Candidates considered suitable for this process must suffer from no less than one eye condition.
- These eye conditions can comprise difficulties related to the vision for example myopia-also known as nearsightedness, astigmatism-which is hazy eyesight triggered by an uneven shaped cornea, hypermetropia- also called farsightedness or any of these conditions taken together.
- Also, prospective patients should possess an adequate corneal width so that the Lasik surgeon can make a clean corneal flap of apposite depth.
- It is imperative that the dark pupil should also not dilate more than seven millimeters.
- This could signify night vision difficulties for example halos or glare.
One more sign of being a suitable candidate for Lasik eye rectification surgery is that the patient should not be affected by any kind of eye ailment. This can consist of any surgery, whether it pertains to the eye or not that can have an adverse effect on the result or the curative process of the surgery. Prospective patients should be free from any herpes infectivity in the eye because Lasik can initiate a recurrence. Patients should not be diagnosed with any autoimmune illnesses for instance Lupus, Hepatitis, or Crohns ailment.
Additionally, the prospective patient should be free from any eye infections or eye wounds for one year ahead of the surgery and the cornea should be devoid of any blemish. Those who are afflicted with dry eye condition are also considered unsuitable for Lasik surgery. Dry eye condition can deteriorate in the aftermath of the Lasik process. Individuals who are pregnant or under treatment at the time of the surgery are also not considered since alterations in the hormone levels can lead to variation in the tissue in the eye. There are in addition specific conditions that inevitably rule out patients from meeting the criteria for the Lasik procedure. Those affected by cataracts, advanced glaucoma, corneal ailment, corneal thinning syndrome or other pre-existing eye ailments are not considered as apt candidates.